OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants in partnership with St. Michael’s Hospital is pleased to offer Intermediate Trauma-Focused Care: A Training for Settlement Workers Serving Refugees.
The training will help you to:
- Increase knowledge about the specific mechanisms of trauma
- Improve competency with identification and assessment
- Use a specialized Tool-Kit to facilitate support
- Increase your strategies in managing individuals in need
- Provide structured referrals to reduce waiting-time for specialists
Note: This training is best suited to settlement workers with some pre-existing knowledge of or training in mental health and trauma. Space is limited, and we will endeavour to provide equal opportunity to all agencies in the area.
All participants who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion from OCASI.
Funded by Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
Date: February 6, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre 3650 Dixie Rd, Mississauga
Registration deadline: January 23, 2017 (or once registration fills up).
To register please click here