The Canadian Council for Refugees invites non-governmental organizations and others to attend an international conference in Toronto designed to enhance effectiveness in promoting the human rights of refugees and vulnerable migrants. The conference will provide an opportunity to discuss a wide range of issues facing refugees and other vulnerable migrants.
Objectives of the Conference:
• To promote ongoing cross-border networking, knowledge-exchange, strategizing and collaboration among NGOs committed to the rights of refugees and vulnerable migrants, and between NGOs and academics.
• To enhance NGO advocacy for better global protection for refugees and vulnerable migrants, including by giving input into the Global Compacts on refugees and migrants.
• To enhance efforts to educate and engage the public, in order to energize support for policies respecting the rights of refugees and vulnerable migrants.
• To increase knowledge of the inter-connections between policies and practices affecting refugees and migrants in different regions of the world.
• To support the development of NGOs in the Global South committed to the rights of refugees and vulnerable migrants.
• To support the inclusion of the voices of refugees and vulnerable migrants in discussions concerning them.
Date: 7-9 June 2018
Location: 4700 Keele St, York University, Toronto, ON
To register please click here. Registration closes Friday 18 May at 5 pm EST