The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) is organizing an Introduction to the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (IET101) online course.
This training targets refugee sponsors, staff members of NGOs, inter-governmental agencies, settlement service providers, and people interested in sponsoring refugees.
By the end of ten weeks of intensive course, students are expected to have a solid understanding of the Canadian Private Refugees Sponsorship program (PSR). In addition to having acquired an awareness of the international context in which the PSR operates.
Breakdown of the course:
1. Reading materials: the reading materials of this course have 8 units. By the end of each unit, students will have a multiple choice quiz and will have to discuss a question posted in the discussion forum
2. Quiz: There will be 8 multiple choice quizzes in total. However, to take each week’s quiz, the previous quiz must have been completed. Each quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions. The 8 quizzes make up 50% of the final grade. Students will have one week to read the unit’s materials and complete the quiz.
3. Final exam: Once all the quizzes are done, there will be a culminating assessment. The final exam consists of 50 multiple choice and True/False questions. The final exam is worth 50% of the grades.
4. Discussion forum: A discussion question will be posted weekly to engage students with the course material. Participation is not mandatory, however students can get ¼ of bonus point per participation
5. Webinar: There are 4 webinars in total. Students will receive an invitation and a registration link to join the webinar in advance.
Students must note that in order to succeed, they have to get at least 60%. Those who pass the course will get a certificate of completion from RSTP. They will also have the opportunity to take the Advanced (AET201) online course. Both courses are free of charge.
Start date: Monday, October 15th, 2018
Time: 1p.m EDT
Please note that the deadline for the registration is Friday October 12th 2018
After having registered for the course, please email email@example.com to confirm that your registration has been completed and that you intend to register for the Fall 2018 Session.