Syrian Refugee Sponsor-to-Sponsor Roundtable: Sharing Lessons Learned, Challenges and Successes from Private Sponsors in York Region
Coordinated by: This project, coordinated by Job Skills and funded by United Way, Toronto and York Region, provides a series of free workshops that will give you:
- An awareness of cultural practices and values that can deeply affect your ability to support newcomers from Syria
- Lessons learned from experienced private sponsors
- Connections and networking opportunities with other private sponsors in York Region
- Information and materials from agencies supporting refugees in York Region
- Insight into key challenges such as managing expectations, connecting families with community services, mental health concerns, supporting independence, building strong relationships and effective communication
- A better understanding of the path to employment and employment-related factors faced by newcomers
- The opportunity to ask questions and obtain useful tips from experience sponsors
Workshops for Sponsors, Volunteers & Potential Sponsors.
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Time: 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Welcome Centre Immigrant Services Vaughan - 9100 Jane Street, Building H, Units 56-67, Vaughan