The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program invites Settlement Workers and the Private Sponsors of Refugees Program to a Workshop.
This free workshop is intended for Settlement Workers assisting clients that have come to Canada through private sponsorship. The goal is to assist you in supporting your clients by gaining a thorough understanding of how the private sponsorship of refugees program works, what to do if conflict arises between sponsors and newcomers, and the various ways that you can provide support.
- The different categories of Canadian refugee resettlement
- Main sponsoring groups and their responsibilities
- The role of a settlement worker in a private sponsorship
- What you can do if there is a sponsorship dispute
- Services available to support you
Date: June 16, 2016
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Location: Friend’s House 60 Lowther Avenue, Toronto
Registration is required.