Can sponsored refugees apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) ?

Yes. As permanent residents, sponsored refugees can obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN). They need to apply for it, which can be done either online, by mail or in person at a Service Canada Centre. Learn more about the different ways to get a SIN

A SIN is required to work in Canada and to have access to government programs and benefits.