Cultural sensitivity is a set of skills that enables one to understand and learn about other people whose background is different from theirs.
This skill set is very important for sponsors who will have to deal with refugees who are of different cultures.
To help you develop cultural awareness, the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program is organizing a webinar.
This webinar will provide private sponsors with information pertaining to cross-cultural communication styles.
The following topics will be covered:
- Dimensions of culture
- Aspects of cultural differences
- Visible and non-visible aspects of culture
- Individuals and family dynamics
- Verbal and nonverbal communications
- Differences within the “similarly perceived” cultures
- The refugee experience
- How to meet halfway
Date:Saturday, 19th of January 2019
Time: 2:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m EST
Please click here to register