This webinar delivered by the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program - RSTP for new and experienced sponsors will provide an in-depth look at the financial and settlement responsibilities of sponsors under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) program, including:
- how long sponsors are expected to provide financial support to refugees sponsored under the PSR program
- the minimum amount of financial support that sponsors are expected to provide to refugees on arrival and the relationship between the Sponsorship Cost Table and the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) rates
- how to use the Minimum Financial Support Calculator to calculate the minimum level of financial support required on arrival
- situations that may change the amount of financial support that sponsors are expected to provide once the refugees arrive in Canada; and
- an overview of sponsors’ settlement responsibilities under the program and how settlement agencies can assist sponsors with fulfilling their settlement responsibilities.
Date: June 4, 2021
Time: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.