How does OHIP+ Children and Youth Pharmacare coverage work?
OHIP+ provides more than 5,000 drug products at no cost for anyone age 24 years or younger who is not already covered by a private plan. Enrollment is automatic, the youth or their caregiver can bring their a current health card number and an eligible prescription to the pharmacy to be filled. Perscriptions covered under OHIP+ will not have a co-pay or deductible.
This program covers medications used to treat:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- infections (e.g. antibiotics)
- diabetes (including test strips)
- reproductive health (e.g. oral contraceptives)
- some childhood cancers and rare diseases
- those wanting to quit smoking
- and much more
Medications available through the Exceptional Access Program may also be covered if an individual qualifies.
If you have questions about what prescription are covered, you can also speak to your local pharmacy