Skip to main content

The refugees I am sponsoring have experienced discrimination/hate crime. What can I do?

If the refugee(s) you are sponsoring have experienced intimidation, been harassed or attacked, contact your local police immediately. If they face immediate danger, call 911.

If they have been discriminated against in one of the social areas protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code (accommodation (housing), contracts, employment, goods, services and facilities, membership in unions, trade or professional associations), you can contact the Human Rights Legal Support Centre for help filing a claim with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.

For more information, please read “What can I do if I feel harassed or discriminated against?”, an article from

Settlement Role Private Sponsor
Sponsorship Stage Month 1 Month 2-12