Information Session: Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)
Mothers Matter Centre invites you to the upcoming information session: Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) program.
Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) is an evidence-based program that works in the home to support vulnerable and isolated mothers in their critical role as their child’s first and most important teacher. HIPPY strengthens families and communities by building mothers' confidence, capacity, and community connections to actively participate in Canadian society and prepare their children for success in school and life.
If you are a settlement organization serving refugees and newcomer mothers in your community who :
- are isolated and vulnerable
- need support to access essential services
- have children between the ages of 2 and 5
- need support to build confidence, capacity, and communal connections
- need a peer-based program that can take them from 'I can't' to "I can"
This information session will tell you more about the HIPPY program and how to offer it to your community.
For more information, you can contact email@example.com
* Please note that the main presentation will be in English. If you prefer to communicate in French, the Q&A session following the main presentation will be available in both official languages (separate break-out rooms).