PRSN Lunch + Learn : Benefits of Engaging Youth in Community
The Private Refugee Sponsor Network - Ontario (PRSN) invites you to the upcoming Lunch + Learn: Benefits of Engaging Youth in Community
Has your sponsor group ever had discussions around the benefits of engaging youth in the community? Discussions around building self-esteem, acquiring new skills, connection, and inclusion, and how they all lead to effective settlement.
Join the conversation to learn how to better understand the importance of youth engagement when we hear from an expert who lives this topic every day. Bring your experience to share in breakout discussions with your fellow sponsors. Or if a first-time sponsor bring your questions. One hour of your time is all it takes to work toward best practices in your own sponsor group.
- Learn how to create opportunities for youth to express themselves.
- Discuss how you can help young people build skills and networks.
- Identify how to improve social-emotional well-being.
- Explore the importance of volunteering.
- Learn about the benefits of the arts and sports in community engagement.
Marla Allan, Toronto. A retired human resources executive experienced in leadership development
Sunbal Mohammad, Toronto. Youth/Community Engagement Manager Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture (CCVT)
To register for the Lunch + Learn send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Barbara Sheffield: email@example.com