Self-Directed Online Training Course: Trauma and Violence Informed Approach (TVIA)
The Mental Health Promotion in Immigrant and Refugee Serving Organizations Project / OCASI is pleased to bring you the Trauma and Violence Informed Approach (TVIA) self-directed online training course.
This FREE online course will provide settlement workers and social service providers with opportunities to learn fundamental principles, basic concepts, and evidence-based approaches to serve people with experiences of trauma and violence. It will also provide opportunities for learning about self-care, and organizational and community building to address vicarious trauma and systemic trauma and violence.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Define trauma, violence, and trauma & violence informed approaches (TVIA)
- Identify signs and symptoms of trauma when working with immigrant and refugee communities
- Apply principles of TVIA into practice
- Analyze the impacts of vicarious trauma & develop strategies for self-care
Criteria for Participation:
This course is open to settlement workers and service providers who are working in or with the immigrant and refugee-serving sector across the province who are willing to:
- Commit to approximately 2-4 hours of learning per week.
- Practice active participation through the program.
- Engage in the Mental Health Promotion Group in www.SettleNet.org, a bilingual online Community of Practice for Canada's Immigrant and Refugee Serving Sector.
- Complete assignments within the given timeframe.
At the successful completion of the entire e-course, you will receive a certification of completion from OCASI.
This course will run from February 13 to March 17, 2023.
*Registration Deadline: Friday, February 3, 2023
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Caley Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org