Understanding and Challenging Anti-Black Racism Online Self-Directed Course
OCASI is pleased to announce the upcoming self-directed online course on: Understanding and Challenging Anti-Black Racism
About this Course
This 4-module course aims to assist people working in the settlement sector in understanding how systems operate and how they create and manifest racism and anti-Black racism.
Course Learning Objectives
- Deepen understanding of the impact of systemic racism on racialized communities (particularly Black communities) and employees and the significance of our roles as leaders in society;
- Gain knowledge, skills and tools to increase capacity as a leader to address conflict pertaining to issues regarding race/racial tensions/racial conflicts; and
- Develop an inclusive working and learning environment for racialized people.
Criteria for Participation
This course is open to settlement workers and service providers who are working in or with the immigrant and refugee-serving sector across Ontario and who are willing to:
- Commit to approximately 2-4 hours of learning per week
- Engage in a weekly discussion forum
The course is offered over a 5-week period to allow participants enough time to complete and receive a certificate. This is a self-directed online training, meaning you can go at your own pace and complete the modules whenever you can. Participants will receive access to the course on November 7th at 9:00 AM, and the course will close on December 5th at 5:00 PM.
*Registration deadline: November 3, 2023
If you have any questions, please contact Maggie To (she/her) at email@example.com