Skip to main content

Where can I find an interpreter?

Some community agencies and private businesses offer interpretation services. Contact 2-1-1 Ontario to find an interpretation service in your area. You can also contact the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO). Unless you are able to find a volunteer, most trained interpreters charge fees.

Make sure that the interpreter that you choose if respectful of refugees and understands the importance of sensitivity and confidentiality. You may also want to consider how gender and ethnic background could affect the comfort level of refugees.