Skip to main content

Can sponsored refugees apply for a SIN number?

Yes. As permanent residents, sponsored refugees can obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN). They need to apply for it, which can be done either online, by mail or in person at a Service Canada Centre. Learn more about the different ways to get a SIN