Skip to main content

Are sponsored refugees eligible for Settlement Services?

In general, yes. Privately sponsored refugees arrived in Canada as permanent residents and therefore can access government-funded settlement services. 

Some specific programs may have eligibility requirements. 

Settlement services can include:

  • information and orientation services
  • help finding and keeping a job
  • language training
  • support to build connections in communities

To learn more about settlement services, you can read "How can I find settlement services?".