Who may not be sponsored under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- People who are already in Canada. If they are seeking Canada's protection as refugees, they can claim refugee status.
- People who were the subject of a previous sponsorship application and were refused, unless
- their circumstances have changed, or
- new information, which was not presented in the previous application, has come to light, or
- Canadian laws affecting the case have changed.
- People who fled persecution or civil war some time ago but can now integrate into the country where they are residing or can return home safely.