Settlement services are available for newcomers to Canada. These services are often free. They are always confidential. They can include :
- Interpretation and translation ofdocuments, or help to arrange these services
- Help filling out forms and applications
- English classes (ESL or LINC)
- Help finding a job or training
- Information about other community services, schools and health care, etc.
To find settlement services, you can :
- Call 211 (anytime)
- Chat with 211 (Monday to Friday from 7am to 9pm ET)
- Send an email to 211
- Use Services Near Me
211 is a free and confidential service. You can contact them to find programs and services in your community.
Settlement services are also often available in schools and libraries.